Pages

Friday 5 August 2011

HDRI with 3DSMAX & Mental Ray (simple scene file for beginners)

This is not a step by step tutorial , there is a downloadable scene file and you can see all the paramaters that I have used to create this image.
You can download the scene file and all necessary files (including HDR file and textures) by clicking the link.. 1.2 mb
HDR_Max6Tut_EmreG.zip
When you load the scene file , you will see something like this..I have created everything and you dont need to do anything..Just try to discover the parameters..
I have created a SKYLIGHT and choosed 'USE SCENE ENVIRONMENT'.

There is no need to write down all details about the parameters of the materials..You can see them in your scene..Below is just a screenshot of the material that I used for cup and plate..
Please try to examine all materials and discover how they are used..
Below , is the parameters of the HDR file that I used for environment..SKYLIGHT was setup to use the scene environment.So it will use any file that we select to put in environment..


These are MR settings that I have used for this image , remember that this is only trial & error thing..Its very hard to find the best setting at the first time..So we need to start from minimum settings and move on till we get nice results..
As I said before , this is not a step by step tutorial , you can see all settings, texture parameters and rendering setup in the file that I have included..

No comments:

Post a Comment